Mmf Craters

Decorating By Mkwiat Updated 16 Jun 2012 , 10:36pm by DeniseNH

Mkwiat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mkwiat Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 2

Hi All,

Ive been making MMF for a couple months. At first I was very successful. Now I am using the same recipe and I am getting craters on my cakes. Some are very deep. I do not understand what I am doing wrong. I did not think I used too much sugar. In fact, I redid my batch because I thought that was it and used much less sugar, and I am still getting these craters. My cakes are looking like the surface of the moon. icon_sad.gif

What am I doing wrong, and is there any way to fix this once the bath of MMF is already made?

Thanks

Maryann

1 reply
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 2

Yes there is. 1.) I had the same problem so you're not alone. 2.) I learned to make my fondant VERY stiff (add lots of powdered sugar) - your wrists will ache afterwards but it's worth it, 3.) Roll it out once, pop all the bubbles with a pin, ball it up and roll it out again, popping any bubbles as you go. The more you re-roll it, the fewer bubbles you'll see. Then take a fondant smoother to it before you put it on your cake. This last step flattens out any leftover small bubbles. I've also discovered that MMF made a day before and left to rest over night is a lot less bubbly. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%