Someone Has To Know How To Make This!!! :)

Baking By Mrs_O Updated 16 Jun 2012 , 6:31pm by BakingIrene

Mrs_O Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_O Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 2

ok, all you lovely cake decorators. At my shop, we are currently using the Pillsbury sugar free vanilla and chocolate icings for our diabetic customers out there. Everyone loves the taste and it goes over very well. The problem is that it takes so much to ice a cake with and my store doesnt always seem to keep it in stock.
I have recipes for lots of sugar free icing choices that we could scratch make, but they are all a whipped texture. The pillsbury is thick like regular icings and make it a snap to decorate with. Any ideas on how to get this effect with a scratch icing. I really hate having to use the store bought kind but i cant seem to find more of a buttercream textured sugar free or diabetic frosting. Even though it is a store bought product, i figured i would be able to find a recipe online somewhere but I am having no such luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 reply
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 2

When you google "sugar free frosting" you get the whipped versions.

When you google "sugar free buttercream" you get closer to what you mention: http://www.domestifluff.com/2009/04/sugar-free-swiss-meringue-buttercream/

The Pillsbury ingredient list has a real chemistry set of sugar substitutes. You should be able to buy some kind of powdered substitute wholesale.

The Pillsbury ingredient list looks like the recipe for icing that has water cooked with starch, and then creamed into shortening and sugar. The water and salt are the only naturally occurring substances in their list...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%