Fathers Day Cake

Decorating By Firestarz Updated 16 Jun 2012 , 10:04pm by kakeladi

Firestarz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firestarz Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys!! I'm here looking for a cake to make for Father's day tomorrow!! I can start the cake today so most can be done today! My father, like my mother, is a fan of Nascar. My dad is also a firefighter, and has been for many years. I want the cake to be centered on things he likes and not just one. He also was a New York Rangers fan, but has converted to a New Jersey Devils fan. Although it isn't hockey season anymore, and it is the start of racing season, I want to make a cake that he will love just by looking at it. I'm looking for recipes, designs, the whole 9. As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm only 13 and am working with limites skill, supplies, and room to work. Thank you in advance!!! usaribbon.gif

3 replies
Joni1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joni1962 Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 4

Could you make/bake/frost a rectangle cake and then find various pictures-even clip art, cut out, tape to a toothpick, and insert in the cake? You could have up to 4 different scenes if you divide the cake into 4 corners or 2 different scenes if you divide the cake in half. With only today, you don't have tons of time. Perhaps even hand draw some cut outs, attach to a toothpick, and insert in the cake. I did this once and even found people that looked like the people the cake was for! Hope that helps. Joni

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 4

How about a checkered flag (sheet cake cutout) or 2 flags crossed over each other so the posts are crossed? If you make two layers one could be white and the other chocolate. If you've got room to write on whatever board you put the cake (think platter or carving board), you could write something like 'Dad you're a winner to me!'
Good luck!
Theresa

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 4

My 1st thought was to make a race car on fire w/him holding a hose putting it out. Could be a pic but would be better to be fondant (gp?) figures. Don't have to be very big really.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%