What Is Best Way To "copy" /make These For Decorat

Decorating By bbsmom Updated 14 Jun 2012 , 11:05pm by bbsmom

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 6

I was going to try & make these "strollers" and attach to the side of cake layer (baby shower) for my soon to be (and first!) granddaughter. I haven't decided if frosting w/BC or fondant but really need to make ahead so what would be the best method? Due to the wheels, I was thinking RI but won't they break easily & how do I accomondate for the curve of the cake? TIA!
LL

5 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 6

Perhaps make it all out of fondant...

Cut the shapes out - allow them to air dry for about 30 minutes and then using a thin edged knife - gently lift them and adhere them to the cake ...with what ever method you would normally use.

By doing it that way - the fondant will still be flexible to lift and adhere without breaking and yet you are still able to allow for the curve of the cake.

Bluehue

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 6

I'd do the stroller body and hood out of fondant, storing them on a plastic mat in a zip loc bag until use. I'd apply them to the cake and use a #1 tip to pipe the handle, wheels, & axle.

Rae

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 6

Yah, what she (Blakes cakes) said ^^^^

hieperdepiep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hieperdepiep Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 6

Congrats on your granddaugter to be! What an exiting time for you!

I would make it out of fondant (marzipan) too and just like Blakescakes said store so it won't dry out and become hard.
Or else, when you want it to dry: put it on a flexible ground, like plastic mat and dry it in the outside of the cakepan you will use for the cake. It will have the exact curve you need.

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you again. As usual I was trying to get to far ahead of myself, I think doing just the buggy is probably the best idea for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%