I Need Help On A Decorating Idea For Wedding Cake Plz?

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 6 Jul 2012 , 9:13pm by jenscreativity

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 1:09pm
post #31 of 40

Actually, alternating layers will look nice if you graduate the colour strength ie darker centre getting paler towards the outer layers or the opposite way round.

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 2:11pm
post #32 of 40

Don't know if I'll be much help but I kept thinking about how you could do these burst given you're time fram. I had a little royal icing left over from this weekend so I thought I'd play around a little to see if I could come up with something to get you through.

Here's a couple pics of a couple bursts that I made up really quick (so they're a little rough).

First royal icing has to be REALLY stiff. I used a Wilton 101 tip. Had the wider end against the paper and piped a base and then reduced pressure and pulled back to a point and repeated all the way around and then again to center.

These bursts are not as pretty as the flowers on the cake, but they at least have the points you're looking for...??? Just trying to help out a fellow caker!
LL
LL
LL

Alana7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alana7 Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 2:20pm
post #33 of 40

I'd hate to confuse you any more and /or add to your stress, but I thought you were going to make stars of different colors on the cake - not many colors in one star?
If you are trying to include all the colors in one star, your piping will have to be perfect and perfectly placed on the star. And you are right, it looks tacky because mistakes will easily show up. Like someone suggested, why not do shades of the same color on the same star? At least that's how I read it and thought it would look elegant. Take a red star for example: start the outer layer with the darkest red you would like and pipe one circle. Mix a little bit of white royal icing to the red and pipe a second circle right next to the first on the inside. Mix a little more white into the new red ( gradually getting lighter) and add a third row of "petals". Keep doing this till you reach the center. Do different colors of stars (each star a different color) and place them on the cake. Wishing you good luck and take a deep breath and stop stressing - doesn't help when you pipe icon_biggrin.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 3:06pm
post #34 of 40

OK...here's my 2 cents. I'd cut out two small pointy petal flowers out of gum paste...put one on top of the other (staggered so they're not right on top of each other)...then put those in the center of a fondant disc on a blob of buttercream ...and then either pipe the points around them or cut out more petals (larger of course) and place them around the center 'burst'. I like the two toned idea...you can paint the ends if you use fondant or gum paste. I think this might give you a more polished look. I was looking at the picture and at least the centers are definitely cut out of sugar paste.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 3:11pm
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana7

And you are right, it looks tacky because mistakes will easily show up. Like someone suggested, why not do shades of the same color on the same star? At least that's how I read it and thought it would look elegant.

I agree, three-colored flowers - tacky. I can't picture elegance using a combination of these three colors. Do three separate colors each, or a gradient of each color per flower.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 11:09pm
post #36 of 40

You could use a daisy or gerbera cutter set if you do not have one for chrysanthemums.

That's if you end up using gumpaste instead of piping.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 1:39am
post #37 of 40

Ok, thank you SOOOOO Much to all! I'm working on it!!
thank you

I'll post when finished..I love you guys! You are awesome and it really means a lot to me indeed!!

Thank you so much as the lord is blessing me with you help to me!

Jenifer

jenscreativity Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 9:44pm
post #38 of 40

Ok, so with the 100 degree weather we've been dealing with..I decided to stay from RI as it being on white based cake..and decided to do gumpaste stars with little silver sparkles in center..I know ppl stated to do different colors singlely,,but it was too late by time I made these..but will know that for next time. I thought this turned out pretty and not tacky for the July 4th theme. Hope you like it!! Thanks to all for relieving my stresses!! you truly are amazing to me and inspired me a lot! Mission accomplished! Thanks again! Please let me know what you think!
LL

jenscreativity Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 10:35pm
post #39 of 40

I posted the pic up above as requested by some of you.. but not heard anything! The bride loved it!! I hope you like it? Thanks!

jenscreativity Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 9:13pm
post #40 of 40

anyone?? thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%