Game Of Thrones - Cake Questions

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 14 Jun 2012 , 7:31am by Pickulz

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 6

I wanted to make a Game of Thrones cake...and was hoping to get some suggestions..
was thinking of making the castle of winterfell (using the Nordic castle pan)..but dont have it..any ideas to improvise....if not I will just buy it...

Also..wanted to have snow all around the castle..what can i make that of? Just white BC? Or anything else that might look good?

Any other ideas on decorations I can do on it..

I had seen a picture of an iron throne...let me see if I can post the link...would have loved to make something like this...any ideas on how the throne is made?

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Game-of-Cakes.jpeg

5 replies
akaivyleaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akaivyleaf Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 6

Not familiar with Game of Thrones - probably the last person on the planet not to be, but I have a suggestion for the snow.

I always use shredded coconut. I generally give the coconut an extra spin in my food processor, to make it more fine and powdery and snow it becomes.

I have in the past toyed with mixing sugar, but I liked just plain coconut better.

dandymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandymom Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 6

You MUST post a pic of this cake when it's done. LOVE LOVE LOVE GoT. Best show ever (along with The Walking Dead.)

I like the Coconut idea. I wonder if adding some edible glitter to that will give it a glistening effect.

D.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 7:31am
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I like the idea of the coconut for the snow!!
Many thanks!
Will post it after its done..next week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%