Cookie Cutter Made W/steel Hanger Strap (Galvanized)

Lounge By soledad Updated 13 Jun 2012 , 1:26am by BlakesCakes

soledad Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 12:03am
post #1 of 4

I need your help!
Can I safely assume that the cookie cutter made with this product is safe to use?? I am attaching photo of what I made, if it does not go thru I will post it in my gallery. I sure need your feedback.icon_confused.gif

I made some research and found the following information on it

My trouble began ....(long story)

Got a request for Whale cookies for baby shower and was e mail picture of request by e mail. Was told not to worry about the cutter because she already bought it and no packaging, she would do that, (I was happy for that. I am very bad at packaging!) Upon seeing the design I quoted $1.50 for each one. (I could tell she was very happy about the price !) I am a hobby baker and this person saw my work on my son's wedding. When she ask me , I could not wait for her to bring the cutter because I wanted to make sure I would be able to do it. I did not have the cutter so, I made a template got the image from the internet, size it , print, and cut it. I wanted to have a sample ready so that she would know I could do it and not to worry about it. When she finally arrived with the cutter three days afterward, I saw that it was so small and she saw my samples, she wanted the cookies on the size I made! icon_eek.gif I surely did not want to have to cut by hand 50 cookies plus the fondant cover! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I went all over looking for the cutter, there is no time to order it because the cookies are for this Friday. Could not find it!!! icon_sad.gif

But I do need to know if it is safe to use. By my research I understand it could be but I need reassurance from my CC friends!
Thank you so much!

CIAO! icon_smile.gif

I could not attached photos pls go to my gallery to see what I mean. icon_redface.gif Thank you!

3 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 12:52am
post #2 of 4

I googled it and to me, it looks fine as long as it's not coming into contact with acidic foods--and I don't see cookie dough or fondant as acidic--and it's not heated.

I would also not wash it, per se, but I would wipe it down well with some vodka or vanilla (hi alcohol content) to sanitize it.

I'd cut all of the cookies at once.

Are you still happy with the price you quoted, given that the cookie now looks about 20% larger than her original cutter? If you're not, you'd be within your rights to ask for additional $ for the larger cookie.

soledad Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 1:20am
post #3 of 4

Blakes Cakes...thank you for your answer and tips regarding the cleaning...BTW I admire your work.

When I quoted price I was thinking 3in. to 4in I am OK with price, my main goal is to be able to lose the fear in taking an order. I see others who have just started and are already doing wedding cakes(not that I wished to do them, too stressfull!) But I do not even have the nerve to do it for family. I only do birthday cakes so far and cookies. I love cookies! If I do this, my fear will be less and I will gain more confidance.

Thank you so much, for your time in answering! icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 1:26am
post #4 of 4

Well, it sounds like all is good--can't wait to see pics!

I love to do fondant covered cookies, too, but rarely get requests. Probably a good thing because we always eat those leftovers---cake, not so much icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%