Who Cuts The Cake?

Business By SRumzis Updated 12 Jun 2012 , 9:59pm by kakeladi

SRumzis Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 2:35am
post #1 of 6

I recently had one of my brides contact me to tell me that the venue coordinator was asking her who was cutting the cake after their photo op, and she said she was confused because she thought the venue did it. They don't, apparently, even for a fee! Weird. Anyone have this happen? What did you do? I have another delivery that day and can't stick around to cut it myself.

5 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 2:37am
post #2 of 6

That is strange. Usually the venue or caterer will do it, if I am not mistaken. Could she ask her caterer (If the venue and caterer aren't one and the same)? If not, you may just have to send her info on how to cut a wedding cake and see if she can get a friend or relative to do it. HTH!

scp1127 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 6:28am
post #3 of 6

I have been offering my daughter at $25.00 per hour to attend the table. the brides have loved having someone oversee the table and keep it neat. I give her the whole amount.

Many of these also include a full or mini dessert buffet, so the attendant is a must. We also offer punch and maintain that as well. I think the brides like how it looks to have an attendant. It looks more upscale. It's about $75.00 total, a small amount in the full budget. Setup and pack up is additional, also at the same rate.

Leauna Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 6

All of my cakes have been for friends and family, so I usually cut and serve the cake because they don't know how. I also instruct the couple on where to stand and how to cut the cake for thier photo op to get the best picture icon_smile.gif

Spooky_789 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

It is tradition in my family to have the bride's aunts (from the mom's side of the family) cut and serve the wedding cake. Obviously, that may not work for everyone, but it sure helps to keep the costs down.

kakeladi Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 6

It certainly depends on the venue. Some do, some don't. Since this place isn't going it, then tell the bride:
to designated someone to cut the cake. In fact I suggest they have 2, or better yet 3 people assigned to that task.
One person does nothing but cut the slices. Another holds the plate it goes on, which is then passed off to a 3 person to handle. If no 3rd person the plate holder places it on the table for the guests to help themselves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%