Fresh Flowers

Decorating By flaca1965 Updated 12 Jun 2012 , 12:42pm by DeniseNH

flaca1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flaca1965 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 12:51am
post #1 of 3

I am lost need help how do you put fresh roses on a cake without damaging the cake and the flowers look fresh its for a wedding cake this week.

2 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 3

I do not put fresh flowers on a cake until I deliver and se up the cake for the wedding. I use cake flower pics (plastic tubes inserted in the cake to minimize contact with the cake. For flowers on the top I cut a circle of parchment paper to put between the flowers & the cake.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 3

Yup, I agree, floral pics filled with water, but you need to be careful because too many of them inserted into the cake and the surface may crack open. I've heard that some surround the stem with a piece of plastic straw and some take it even further by wrapping the stem in moist paper towel strips then insert the stem in a larger straw. There are some very tiny floral pics on the market now which are ideal. For the top tier I usually have the florist make up a display inserted into a moist floral foam container which is secured to a green plastic disk. The plastic disk sits on the icing and the flowers don't touch the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%