Se Michigan-Where Do I Buy Tylose Or Rice Paper?

Decorating By sweetideas Updated 12 Jun 2012 , 2:50am by sweetideas

sweetideas Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 5

I need to purchase Tylose but I cannot find any around and I need it tonight. Any ideas for those who live in southeast Michigan where I can buy some? Michaels, JoAnns. and Hobby Lobby don't sell Tylose. I know a place in Saline may have some, but I don't have time to drive out there and I think they are closed on Mondays anyway. Any help is greatly appreciated!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
sweetideas Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 5

OR let me explain:::::I am trying to make a graduation cap from SugarShacks video...she uses tylose to make the fondant dry faster and not stretch as much ( I think) my question is....if I cannot find tylose is gumpaste my only option and what is the difference between the two? I thought gumpaste would be stretchier which I want to avoid, I want it to dry faster and be easier to work with. Any suggestions?

momg9 Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 5

Heinrich's on 10 Mile, just east of Van Dyke in Centerline sells it.

kakeladi Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 5

You can use Wilton's GumTex in this case. It's not exactly the same but will give you very similar results. Use the same amounts.

sweetideas Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 2:50am
post #5 of 5

Thank you both! kakeladi, thanks for answering my other post, on another thread about this, also. My cap is drying now. It's quite humid so i shall see if it works, icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%