Fondant Drama

Decorating By Leppardprintaddict Updated 11 Jun 2012 , 12:23pm by Bluehue

Leppardprintaddict Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

icon_smile.gif Hi guys, firstly awesome site!

Could i pick your brains? i live in Australia and when the temps are hitting the high notes im having a few probs with my homemade fondant. The recipe im using is the icing sugar/egg white kind/ i wrap it in clingwrap/gladwrap and store it in an air tight container that i use for cupcakes, cookies etc. When i came to use it it was a sticky mess really. i couldnt roll it out as it stuck and ended up throwing it away as couldnt do much. How is the best way to store it? can i freeze it or keep it in fridge and also how long can i keep it these ways? i prefer making my own as i think it adds to the joy of baking. any help would be great. Many thanks. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
justleeanne Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 11:23am
post #2 of 3

I am guessing you are referring to what I call sugarpaste (I'm from UK)?

Is it usually ok when the temperature is lower?

You could try kneading some more powdered sugar into it?

I haven't experienced this problem myself and I am certainly no expert but it's just an idea.

Good luck finding a solution.

Bluehue Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 3

Welome to CC Leppardprintaddict
Yes, you can freeze it.... wrap it in glad wrap - pop in a freeer bag - squeeze out any excess air and all will be good.
Just take it out of the freezer the night before you are going to use it - as this will allow enough time for it to thaw whilst the night is still cool.

Not that i make my own but i buy in bulk and cut it into 1 kilo lots and then wrap in glad wrap - into the freezer bag etc. to freeze.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%