Retirement Cake Ideas Please?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 8 Jun 2012 , 6:52am by sweettreat101

sweettreat101 Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 5

A lady at work is retiring after 24 years and I have been asked to make her cake. I would like to make something pretty not the usual gumpaste character relaxing on a beach. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

4 replies
BakingIrene Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 5

Make a bunch of different coloured "sticky notes" out of fondant with messages from her co-workers. Intersperse them with fondant writing pencils. Maybe cut the sticky notes with a cookie cutter in flower shapes? I have seen those in fancy stationery shops.

icer101 Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

I have decorated the cake as to thier hobby that they can,t wait to retire to get into fully , flower gardens, veg. gardens, etc.

Chellescakes Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 4:39am
post #4 of 5

the last retirement cake I did had the inscription ., To new Beginnings . I also decorated around the sides with pictures of the recipient through the years at work. These were done with edible images.

sweettreat101 Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 6:52am
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone for the ideas. She is retiring early because her husband is having health problems. I know she likes sewing and baking. I was hoping to incorporate some pretty gumpaste flowers. I like the post it note idea. Any idea on how to incorporate her two hobbies with the post it notes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%