Covering A Cake

Decorating By car1979 Updated 7 Jun 2012 , 10:14am by suzied

car1979 Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 9:56am
post #1 of 2

Hi I am making a JLS cake for my daughters birthday next weekend I will be making the cake on the Friday the party's on the Saturday I have a large cake board and I am planning on doing the cake in the letters JLS and having postcards & JLS dolls on the cake board aswell but have a few questions to ask (the cake is going to be covered in butter icing then fondant) my questions are:

1. should i cover my cake board before adding cake and decorations
2. once i have added cake and decorations to cake board what can i cover with as this will be taken out of house to party venue (cant get a box big enough for cake board)

1 reply
suzied Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 10:14am
post #2 of 2

A cake looks nice when the board is covered in fondant. but if you say yr board is really big, that means you will be using a lot of it to cover the whole board. is your board already covered with the silver/gold paper that you purchased from the cake shops? What are the dimensions of yr board? cant you make a box? buy some thing like project paper or thicker stuff and make a box just to keep the dust off - thats the only thing i can think off. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%