Brendabeeper Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 6:35am

I am doing a cake very close to this one for a friend's parents anniversary and they would like to have this technique for the trim around the cake, I am attempting to add the picture she gave me, Any help would be greatly appreciated . Making this cake tomorrow

3 replies
Evoir Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 6:50am

I'm not sure. It may be done using a crimper and then over-piped with RI?

BakingIrene Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 3:34pm

Definitely a crimper. You can see the marks at the corners.

They did the board the same way.

JuneHawk Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 12:31am

I'm way late here but for future reference, this cake was covered in fondant and the edges were done with a crimper. It is very popular in the UK, at least traditionally.

Quote by %username% on %date%