Tree Cake Stand

Decorating By pastrygirl08 Updated 27 Mar 2013 , 1:23pm by RedDarlene

pastrygirl08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl08 Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 2:58am
post #1 of 10

I have this order from someone who wants a cake stand that looks like tree and was wondering does anyone know or order online or maybe make my own tree cake stand but I dont were to start

9 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 10

I recently made one. I simply cut a log (from our wood pile) and then sanded in to make it even. I varnished it and carved the bride's and groom's initials in it. I made it clear to them this was not a food save serving tray; my cake was on a cake board so it was safe. I charged $45 for this.

folo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
folo Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 10

how fast do they need the cake. let me know and we can discuss it.

RedDarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedDarlene Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 10

Do you have a picture? I need to make a cake to feed 60 on this type of stand. Thanks.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 10

here is a craft site where you can purchase the parts

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/woslcapl.html

RedDarlene Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 10

I did a search for images of Tree Cake Stands.  Orginially I was wanting to make the cake look like a real tree. However, after speaking to the client and showing her the stands made from tree "slices" she loves them! I have a friend who had a big tree fall in his yard last winter. He is going to cut the "slices" from the oak tree for use as stands. I'm doing 4 stands, 1-12" round that is 12-18" tall, 1-10" round that is 8-10" tall, 1-8" round that is 6" tall and 1-6" round that is about 4" tall. He's not charging me anything to cut them. He said, "I have to cut the tree up anyway, so whats a few more cuts." cowboy.gif Don't know where you live, but if there's a sawmill in your area they could cut them for you. Shouldn't cost too much. You could also look around for a downed tree and ask permission to cut them. I cut the one in my yard with a hand saw. YUCK. Too hard. I will post pictures when they are done! Thanks everyone!icon_biggrin.gif

RedDarlene Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 1:22pm
post #9 of 10

Check these out. Don't look too hard.

RedDarlene Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 1:23pm
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%