Make A Fist

Decorating By pmarks0 Updated 6 Jun 2012 , 8:07pm by BakingIrene

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 2

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to make a fist? My great-nephew is turning 3 and would like a Hulk cake, so I was thinking one where the Hulk's fist is coming out through the top of the cake. So I'm guessing it would be made out of rice krispie treats. But I'm not sure how to actually get it to look like the fist, and then cover it with green fondant.

Ideas?

Thanks,

1 reply
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 2

How big is this fist supposed to be? Lifesized adult or a little bigger?

Because it would be easiest to model the hand part out of fondant or modelling chocolate, and the short arm part out of RKT. You need simple shapes for the fist--a thumb, the other 4 fingers are logs stuck together, and a rounded square shape for the palm. Model the details with a small dull knife.

You also need to cut a thick circle of fondant for the top of the cake, and then score it from the middle. This sits on top of your regular cake covering. Pull up the triangles so that there is space for the arm on the top of the cake "punching" out. Use wood skewers to hold the pieces together but remember to take them ALL out before the kids start chowing down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%