Cupcake Tip Ideas?

Baking By trishalynn0708 Updated 6 Jun 2012 , 7:34pm by instant-gratificaketion

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 7

I remember seeing a website somewhere that showed how to make the "roses" out of buttercream on top of cupcakes... And also showed what tips do what swirl on top of the cupcakes....

Does anyone have something similar to do they could share the link with me?

6 replies
BurnsyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BurnsyJ Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 7

You can use a Wilton 1M or 2D tip. Just start in the center of the cupcake and swirl to the outside. There are lots of videos on YouTube.

shellw72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellw72 Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 7

Do you mean the roses like the ones in my gallery? (not a great example, I'm just learning myself!)

If so, I did them with a 2D tip but you can also do them with a 1M tip. Start piping from the middle of the cupcake in a circular motion until you get to the outside. I also do a very thin crumb coat underneathso that the top of the cake is completely covered.

I think the Wilton website shows what tips do what.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 7

I bought a set of tips at: bake it pretty . com (remove the spaces). It is a set of five tips & they have a video posted on their site on what each tip does. It really does come in handy for piping cupcakes...they are all large tips, so it is a great collection (and cheap too!) For the roses, I use a wilton 1M icon_smile.gif

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj-LLCV6MNQ&feature=my_favorites&list=FLH_gr3nSgeaLakFKUUKlOAA

This video made me go out and buy a 1M tip. She shows how to do it from the outside in, and the middle and go out. They are not roses per se but they are beautiful and look easy.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 7

The original "rose" tutorial was done on the site iambaker.net

Just search "rose cake tutorial" in google.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%