Crystal Cake Toppers

Decorating By cake-o-holic Updated 7 Jun 2012 , 6:21pm by cake-o-holic

cake-o-holic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-o-holic Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 12:51am
post #1 of 4

Hi Guys!

I am looking for the crystal cake toppers with bride and groom initials. I've been looking online, they are about 100 bucks. Just wondering if anyone else knows where I can them for cheaper and maybe local - located in toronto!

Any help would be appreciated!

3 replies
ahorn586 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahorn586 Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 4

I noticed the same thing. I knew that I didn't want to spend $100 on the topper. I have a wedding cake next weekend and the bride wants a "blinged-out" monogram. So I went online to look up how to do them myself. I found a seller on ebay who sells mirror initials cake toppers in a range of sizes. I think I spent less than $18 with shipping for 3 initials. Then I went on amazon to get some flatback rhinestones (7mm) in the colors of the wedding. I spent $16 with shipping for 8 packs of 144 rhinestones. I'm going to go to the craft store to get the appropiate glue and make them this weekend (after I finish another wedding cake and my son's Thomas the train birthday cake). I'll post a picture of them when they're finished. I can only hope for the best but it shouldn't be too hard. I hope this helps.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 4

Would they allow you to post the name of the vendor who provided mirrored monograms. Sounds interesting. Oh what the heck, I'll just Google it.

cake-o-holic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-o-holic Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 4

oh! you are awesome! Yes please let me know how it turns out and post a pic. I need it for Mid July and another for september!

In the mean time, I will google it as well!

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%