Icecream Cone Cupcake Questions

Baking By susanscakecreations Updated 5 Jun 2012 , 3:45pm by susanscakecreations

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I'm planning on making some ice cream cone cupcakes this weekend for a little girls' birthday party.........my question is, do I need to bake them the day I am planning to serve them, or can I bake/frost them the day before?
I have seen so much about them getting soggy, and I don't want soggy ice cream cones! What's the best way to store/transport them?

Thanks for your help!
Susan

2 replies
PinkLotus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLotus Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 3

My advice is to bake the cake normally (not in the cones), then layer pieces of cake with icing in the cones. When you bake the cake in the cones, the icing to cake ratio is just all wrong! Way too much cake and not enough icing. That's just my own personal opinion though icon_smile.gif
If you do them this way, then you can bake the day before if you'd like, then stuff the cones the day of.
Hope this helps!
ETA: As for transport, I used cupcakes boxes with the lids open...but I've never had to transport a lot of them, so I'm not sure if that's feasible for you since those boxes can be pricey.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, I may try it that way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%