Actual Working Waterfall ?

Decorating By Lakelover Updated 10 Jun 2012 , 11:01pm by Lakelover

Lakelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lakelover Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone made a tiered cake with an actual working waterfall? Not a water fountain that you can place under the cake. I want to make the cake with water floww out of the at least 2 tiers.
What I have found online has not been real helpful!! I appreciate your thoughts and input!! Our church "River Pointe" is celebrating 4 years and I want to add a waterfall to the cake!

Thanks Everyone!

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 3

The water has to go somewhere--you need a small aquarium pump and a hidden tank in the design of the cake. Then you can build any shape of water stream you like, as long as the water goes into something that carries it back into the tank.

You can see that a waterfall falling from one tier to the next would look fantastic--and the base tier could be a dummy to hide the pump and tank.

You should build a prototype soon with cake dummies and the real hardware. The tubing that carries the water back up to the top of the waterfall has to be hidden in the pillars and icing. All the places that the water will touch have to be lined with plastic, so the cake doesn't get soggy.

There have been a few episodes of "Cake Boss" on TV that show how they built an odd shaped stream of water.

Lakelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lakelover Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 3

THANKS!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%