Eye Of Horus, How?

Baking By jimandmollie Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 11:11pm by Lynne3

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 3

I am a hobby baker and usually do cakes. I made some cookies for a Shriner's charity event a few years ago and have been asked to donate several times now. I really enjoy doing it.

My dilemma: the Eye of Horus

I need to make 150 cookies this time and I am not quite sure what is the best way to go about it. I usually do NFSC cookies with whipped icing and MMF. They seem to really like them so I would like to stick with that combo if possible. How in the world do I get this logo on these things? I thought about edible images but I don't really like that idea. I'm hoping there is another way. Royal icing sticks to fondant on a cake so I assume it would work here but how to get them all the same? Paint it on with a brush? Maybe get some gold edible paint and do it that way? Again, how to get them all the same? Those are some detailed lines! See my dilemma?

So far I have come up with a simple shape in white, maybe dip the edges in gold sugar, with the image on it somehow. Where do I go from here? Any suggestions would be appreciated! I have been thinking for a week now and nothing is coming to me........
LL

2 replies
jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 3

I also thought about making a cookie cutter to cut the image out of fondant but I'm thinking it might distort when trying to apply it since the lines are so thin.....

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 3

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004W43D6I/?tag=cakecentral-20

One possibility is to use a stamp to emboss the design on the MMF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%