Is There A Trick To Dusting Just The Edges Of A Rose?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 9:46am by soozicake

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 5:02am
post #1 of 6

I want to dust just the edges of some white roses with cranberry luster dust. How do you dust just the edges without the excess dust falling on the rest of the white rose? I removed some of the excess with alcohol but I would rather not have to do this for every rose. Thank you to anyone who can help or has a special trick to teach me.

5 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:07am
post #2 of 6

wipe most of the dust off on a tissue , so there is very little dust on your brush, I brush from behind the petals to give the hint of colour.

Otherwise mix your dust with alchohol and apply it with a fine brush around the edges.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:14am
post #3 of 6

Good day sweettreat! I will tell you how I did it... I held the flower sideways and downward, and then dusted the edges downward very carefully with a very soft brush. Here is a link to the ones I made. HTH.icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2062348/orange-birthday

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CIAO!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:39am
post #4 of 6

Soledad explained it better than I did. But that is basically what I do too. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:46am
post #5 of 6

Thank you both.

soozicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 9:46am
post #6 of 6

I do the same, hold flower sideways or updside down. Sometimes I dust the white area with white then do the color edges which makes removing excess color easier (and the color blend looks nice).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%