Awful Separation Using Cupcake Creations Liners!

Baking By BlakesCakes Updated 4 Jun 2012 , 12:25pm by coleslawcat

BlakesCakes Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 8

I needed some white liners that would stay opaque white during baking. I couldn't locate the paper lined white foil ones, so I tried Cupcake Creations standard natural white "bakery quality easy peel baking cups"...............

Well, "easy peel" is RIGHT..............except they began to peel away all by themselves as soon as the cupcakes were cool.

I've baked LOTS of cupcakes using everything from cheap grocery store liners to pricey foil liners and I have never once had the liners release from the cupcakes like this. I even baked some leftover batter in some cheapo Care Bears papers and not ONE of those peeled away from the cakes icon_cool.gif

I am so beyond livid right now. I bought 4 packs of these--and they weren't cheap---for the most complicated cupcake commission I've had to date! I had some luck "gluing" the papers back to the cupcakes with some buttercream, but I don't think it'll hold.

I've e-mailed their customer service, but the damage is done. All I can say is NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

7 replies
scp1127 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:47am
post #2 of 8

I have had 100% staying power from the parchment products from The Bakers Kitchen. I use the brown for all but some weddings done in white. But I still need to add a second liner, both standard and tulip, when using white. But brides seem to really like the double liners and I just build it into the price on white liners. Charming Creations has the same products in some extra sizes.

BlakesCakes Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 7:01am
post #3 of 8

Are you doubling up on the white because of cake color showing thru, or because of the separation issue that I had? Or both?

My back-up plan was to take the leftover liners and double up, but you could still see the separation because the cupcakes were were covered in fondant and the pulled away liner was very obvious, as it was "random".

When I find the white foil liners at a price I'm willing to pay, I'm going to buy in bulk.

I'm anxious to see if I ever get an answer from the CS dept. Bet if I do, they'll blame my recipe, oven, cooling methods, etc.......

scp1127 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 7:08am
post #4 of 8

I bake in one and the papers from these two companies will stay on 100% with even my most moist recipes. I can see the dark through the white so I add another liner.

Because I use the tulip liners, the customers who are referred or who are now getting married, love these liners. The double is very dramatic.

On the tulips, I have to lower the temp and bake longer because the tips will get darker. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Who makes the white foil? If I remember, you bake quite a bit for charity, so price would be an issue. But the frustration of pulled away liners is not fun. Since using these two companies, I can plan the exact amount I need and be sure that all will work without having to add the peeled liner factor in the number.

BlakesCakes Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 7:13am
post #5 of 8

I found them at, but it's a 1000/case and I couldn't go thru those unless I never baked in anything BUT white.

But, Caljava carries them and the price isn't too bad. I think I'll grab some the next time there's a sale!

Thanks for the info.

DianeLM Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 8

Agreed! I, too, had a disaster with Cupcake Creations liners. I've never had such a terrible separation problem.

I also tried gluing the liners back on, with no success. NOTHING wants to stick to those liners!

I haven't contacted them, but I'm quite interested to hear the response you get. Please keep us updated!

scp1127 Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 5:01am
post #7 of 8

Thanks Blakes, I bookmarked those white foil liners. Susan

coleslawcat Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 8

Interesting, I've never had any trouble with Cupcake Creations liners, they're my favorite! I'm sorry they didn't work for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%