Baking And Pastry Arts In Culinary Schools?

Baking By rickymartin Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 11:34pm by pieceofcake561

rickymartin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rickymartin Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 7:06am
post #1 of 4

I have just passout from my school and want to take admission in any culinary school. Where i can learn baking and pastry arts. If anyone know about the best culinary school for baking and pastry Arts. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

--Rickyicon_smile.gif

3 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 10:18am
post #2 of 4

where are you located, what exactly are you interested in learning, what is your budget

amlesdulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amlesdulce Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 4

Hello:

I went to Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida. The culinary school is call the Walt Disney World School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts. They have an excellent program, it is not an expensive school and they have excellent chefs from the most popular resorts in the Disney area as instructors in their school. You will have a lot of choices on those resorts to do you intership and even stay an work there. give it a try
http://valenciacollege.edu/futureStudents/majors/hospitality.cfm icon_smile.gif

pieceofcake561 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake561 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 4

I just graduated from FIU with a BA in hospitality/management. The focus of the program was probably 75% how to own and manage a business and 25% culinary. They had us working in industrial kitchens and catering school events. I also have learned a lot about the culinary side of the business through the internet, books, and practice. It all depends on what you are trying to get out of the school. I am in the process of opening my own bakery so it was exactly what i needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%