Please Help! How To Package 3.5" Round Cookies?

Baking By KaykesInPa Updated 1 Jun 2012 , 5:30pm by MimiFix

KaykesInPa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KaykesInPa Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 4:51am
post #1 of 5

I have 4 dozen 3.5" round cookies sitting on my counter waiting to be packaged. The problem is that they don't fit in the 4x6" Wilton bags. I guess I wasn't thinking when I ordered them. They are for a shower on Saturday so I don't have time to order anything online. Can someone please tell me what my options are and where I can get it locally (Philly area)? I'm pretty sure 4x6 was the biggest cello bag michaels had besides the big bread bags. Lesson learned for the future, but I really could use some advice now! Thanks so much!

4 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 11:28am
post #2 of 5

I'm not understanding why they don't fit, my 3.5s fit in 4x6s all the time... you can wrap them in plastic wrap or you can get the cello wrap and package them up that way....

videominx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
videominx Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 5

I have had luck finding larger treat bags at dollar stores, too big for a normal cookie but maybe the right size for you.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 5

Look for the treat bags that have pleated sides. They'll be alot longer than you'll need, so you'll have to trim off some, but they'll work. I've seen them at the Michael's by me. You could also try Walmart (though they've really cut back on their stock of decorating items). If nothing else, get the fold top baggies at the grocery store. You can cut where the flapis folded over to make it lay flat. Good luck!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 5

Use clingfilm to overwrap each cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%