Need Help On This Design For Wedding Cake Asap Plz!

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 2:47pm by DianeLM

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 3:09am
post #1 of 8

Hello! I attached below the pic of pearl design I'm wanting to use on wedding cake this weekend..but question is how can I incorporate this design to just put it on the border ONLY for each layer? It's a 3 layer cake. I want it to look nice and blend together as a flowy look all around cake border. Bride ONLY wants it on border similar to this design and if I just do the exact..I think it won't look flowy or pretty. I'm not doing the hearts inside of design,,just pearls only. Can you help me figure out how to make the border look nice with this design and not so choppy?

Thanks!
jenifer
LL

7 replies
jenscreativity Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 3:11am
post #2 of 8

I can turn this design 180 degrees if needed also! Thanks!

jenscreativity Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 8

Anyone please help me?? I wanted to see what your idea is as mine doesn't seem good..Please, please?? Thanks!

Jenifer

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 8

You said the bride only wants it on the borders... by this do you mean on the top or bottom of the sides of each tier? If so, I would just mark off the sides (either the top or the bottom) for the straight lines of 4 pearls to come down or up, and meet the circle of pearls. Then add the lines of 2 pearls in between. I believe I would add a simple icing border to the top or bottom of each tier, though, depending on which part of the tier you put the pearl design on. Either way, I would have the circle of pearls around the middle of each tier. I hope I explained it so you could understand what I mean. I would mark it so that the circle of pearls is uniform in size. That way it should look delicate. Good luck.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 8

You could add a line of pearls between sections to help with the flow.

You don't say whether this is going on the top or bottom border. If it's going on the top, IMO, I'd turn it upside down. If it's going on the bottom, leave it the way it's shown.

jenscreativity Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 8

It's on the bottom border only..sorry
Thanks!

jenscreativity Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 2:15pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks to all for your help! Mission Accomplished this weekend..pic is in my forum if you like to see..thanks again..

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 8

Beautiful! See the PM I sent you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%