Wisconsin Bakers - Unite!!!

Business By YesToCupcakes Updated 20 Jun 2012 , 2:47am by YesToCupcakes

YesToCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YesToCupcakes Posted 31 May 2012 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 11

Hey all my Wisconsin bakers. Someone directed me to a post that was posted in January of this year. It's dealing with the Food Cottage Law ... trying to get Wisconsin to pass it so we can bake and sell out of our homes (like over half of the states can already do).

Please follow this link to sign the petition (send it to friends and family members that live here too). We are almost there, only 40 more! After you enter in your information and click sign now it takes you to a page that asks if you want to donate money. You can just ignore that part. You should get an email thanking you for signing. So as long as you got that, then you signed it!!!!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wisconsin-food-cottage-law

Let's get Wisconsin on the right track and give us small (really small) bakeries the ability to bake from home so we can work our way up to a store someday!

10 replies
YesToCupcakes Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 11

Oh yeah ... I also wrote and email to Rep. Janis Ringhand who I guess is the person that was approached about this law and told her my story. I got a response back from Maggie Gau from the office of Rep. Janis Ringhand ... here is what she said:

"Mandy,
Thank you for contacting our office.

I appreciate you sharing your personal experience with us. That is exactly why we are working on cottage food legislation that would allow small businesses like yours to grow in Wisconsin. Since the Legislature will not be back in session until January 2013 we are currently working on putting the finishing touches on our legislation. If youd like, I can forward you a copy as soon as its completed.

Thanks again for your email and we will be in touch!
Maggie"

If anyone feels the need to contact her or Rep. Janis Ringhand and tell them your story, here are their email address.

[email protected]
[email protected]

YesToCupcakes Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 11

We are slowly creeping up to 250! Let's keep this going. Please ask family members and friends to sign this as well thumbs_up.gif

YesToCupcakes Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 11

We are getting closer!!! Count is at 221 .... let's keep this going icon_lol.gif

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 11

I think it's time to share this message with our facebook friends; could get additional signtures from those who appreciate our skills icon_smile.gif

YesToCupcakes Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 11

I have posted something on mine already. Definitely not a bad idea thumbs_up.gif

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 11

I would love to post the link, but how do I go about doing this

YesToCupcakes Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 11

You can just copy and paste the link below into the status of your Facebook account. Do you know how to do that?

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wisconsin-food-cottage-law

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 11

yes I do thank-you

YesToCupcakes Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 5:00pm
post #10 of 11

Your welcome icon_smile.gif

Let's get this law passed!!!

YesToCupcakes Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 2:47am
post #11 of 11

What?!?!?!? Now they up'd the goal to 1,000 signatures????????? thumbsdown.gif

Boooooo. Please help pass this on fellow bakers! We need more signatures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%