Cake Pops

Baking By RisingBakery Updated 2 Jun 2012 , 8:06pm by RisingBakery

RisingBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisingBakery Posted 31 May 2012 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 3

This is my first attempt at making cake pops. What is the best way to go about getting them to stay on the stick and covering them with the chocolate? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 replies
mo_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 12:10am
post #2 of 3

so i made my first batch a couple weeks ago.
tips my research and experiment taught me:
- take your balls out of the fridge, dip each stick into the chocolate and then into the ball. This will help adhere the two together.
-You can put the balls back in the fridge to set the stick chocolate quickly, but let the balls sit out at room temp for 15 mins before dipping. otherwise some of them will crack.
- i have a wilton melter, I melt the chocolate and then let it cool down, but if you don't, melt your chocolate and let it sit for a minute, you don't want it too hot.
-you may want to use a mug or glass so the chocolate is deeper and you can dip it.
-When i tried white chocolate i found it too thick. I read you can thin it with crisco, but i don't know how much. for this i would use a spoon to pour chocolate over the pop, rather than dipping it in.
- cover the whole pop... if there's a space that's left uncovered (like the bottom) it may leak oil. I found some of mine must have had air bubbles and oil leaked out here... but it wasn't too bad.

this is where my technique needs help: i would tap tap tap the stick to get the excess chocolate off but then found myself constantly spinning the pop until it set bc i didn't want to put it in the fridge... otherwise they got oddly shaped. **tips here anybody??

good luck and let us know what you found worked!!!

RisingBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisingBakery Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks those are some great tips that i will take into account this week while making them. I have been asked to cover them in white chocolate so very good to know that its to thick to dip them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%