Bakery Supply Stores In Nc?

Decorating By KJTECU Updated 31 May 2012 , 8:37pm by icer101

KJTECU Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 3

After completing all of the Wilton classes and falling in love with decorating I've moved on to a bit more complex cakes and ingredients. Besides Michael's, AC Moore or JoAnne's, Does anyone know where I can go for cake decorating/baking supplies? I'd love to find a place to get high ratio shortening, a fondant extruder and tylose powder! I'm in Durham, so would love to hear of anywhere in the Triangle, but we spend time in Charlotte, so that area would be awesome, too!

Thanks so much!!

2 replies
hope22023 Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 3

There is a store in Clayton called NC Paper Co. that I have heard has a large selection. They have a website, as well (www ncpaperco com). If you are heading to Charlotte, you can stop by Greensboro and there is a small shop in the downtown area call Crawfords Creations. She probably carries everything they have at NC Paper Co- shes just a lot closer to me! The only other store Ive heard of is closer to the mountains (cant remember the name).

icer101 Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, on spring forest rd. in Raleigh, N.C, there is Papertown. They are carrying more supplies, including, hi-ratio shortening, americolors, satin ice fondant, etc. Check it out. Also in Cary, N. C. Swankscakedesign has classes and carrying supplies in his new place. Check it out. He gives awesome classes. I haven,t been to Cary, but have taken classes in Raleigh with Wayne and Chuck. hth Also, in Clayton N.C. there is a p-wee's-creations about 6 miles from N.C. paper co.. you have to call her first. It is a shop behind her home. Very nice. I have bought merkens chocolate there. Caramel log(thats what i call it) I use it to make turtle candy at christmas. google her business for the phone no. Me and my friend go to Clayton several times a year for supplies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%