Items You Find Multiple Uses For

Decorating By SoFloGuy Updated 31 May 2012 , 10:23pm by CWR41

SoFloGuy Posted 31 May 2012 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 9

I found a really nice pasta ladle with three holes in the middle at Dollar Tree. I was thinking of buying an egg separator, but this does the job perfectly.

8 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 31 May 2012 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 9

Cool idea. I use my scraper as a cake lifter, I use round decorating tips for cutting circles of various sizes, and I pillage the clay aisle at Michael's for cutters and other tools.

jones5cm Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 9

I use my flower nail placed in the middle of my larger cake pans to help my cakes bake evenly (cuts down on the hump tooicon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 9

Many, many plastic cookie cutters make excellent fondant (&/or gp) decoration cutters.
Fabric lace to make impressions on fondant.

idgalpal Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 9

Bubble tea straws to support tiers and I also use them to cut small circles/dots.

AnnieCahill Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 9

I also do what you guys do. SoFlo, my egg separator is my hand!

dawnybird Posted 31 May 2012 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 9

I use my hand too for an egg separator. You always know where to find it! icon_biggrin.gif

SoFloGuy Posted 31 May 2012 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 9

I never liked using my hand, before I found this tool I used to just use the egg shells and move the yolk from one side to the other and let the white drip out.

Also if you get some yolk in your egg whites it can ruin a meringue. What I do is separate the egg into a glass and then put it in the bowl, this also helps in case you get a bad egg where you don't want to use that egg white at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%