What Flowers Are Easy And Quick?

Decorating By ybeal Updated 2 Jun 2012 , 11:16am by ybeal

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 31 May 2012 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

I'm doing a spring bouquet cake and I'm looking for some easy and fast 'filler' type flowers...I made these cute daisies but realized I don't have enough and need to fill in some of the space icon_redface.gif

Any ideas? I don't have a lot of experience with flowers!

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 5

Any of the cutter and veiner sets from Blossom Sugar Art http://blossomsugarart.com/

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 May 2012 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 5

Using round cutters make rounds that you ruffle the edges, then pinch together in the center to make 'fanticy' flowers. If the rounds have a 'crinkled' edge all the better.
Also spiral roses are easy - use a toothpick w/tuip 102 and pipe a continuous ribbon as you turn the pick around a couple of times. Stick right into the cake OR make them on a flower nail to dry ahead of time.
Another option: sounds strange but looks nice; on a wax paper covered flower nail use a tip 67-70 hold it straight up & down; squeeze icing out as you twirl the nail around (not *fast* but not slow either)a couple of times. Stop squeezing, and lift straigh up and away.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 31 May 2012 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 5

Buttercream roses on a stick are quick and easy -- 48 in 5 minutes or 77 in 7 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Using round cutters make rounds that you ruffle the edges, then pinch together in the center to make 'fanticy' flowers. If the rounds have a 'crinkled' edge all the better.

These are quick -- in my gumpaste book, they're called carnations.

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 11:16am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for all the great ideas! I had to enlist my husband to help but I used a small basic cutter and filled in all the little spots between the more impressive daisys, it turned out okay, the kids and everyone loved it. It just didn't look like what I envisioned but oh well! It tasted good and I did the rainbow layers for the first time and that looked awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%