Buttercream Frosting

Baking By SweetDelights2613 Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 9:01am by Chellescakes

SweetDelights2613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights2613 Posted 31 May 2012 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone got request from clients asking to make less sweet or not to sweet butter-cream frosting?? Anyone has suggestions, guidance or recipe that could be helpful to fulfill such clienteles request.

Thanks in advance

5 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 31 May 2012 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 6

Try this one.
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting

But it doesn't crust. It's yummy and not as sweet as a full American Buttercream.

SweetDelights2613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights2613 Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 6

thank you icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:26am
post #4 of 6

That is all I make. If a client wants that super-sweet taste in any dessert, they will not find it at my bakery.

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:41am
post #5 of 6

I tired 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening and I really liked it. I've also read that adding a pinch of fine popcorn salt cuts down the sweetness. I recently bought some. It was 99 cents for a 3 & 3/4 Mortons, which is about the size of a large salt shaker. I think next time I will grind my own salt the same way you can use your food processor to make granulated sugar finer.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 9:01am
post #6 of 6

I don't like buttercream at all , as here it has always been associated with cheap and nasty store bought cake. I find it to sweet personally. I recently tried an Italian Meringue buttercream and it was no where near as sweet and quite pleasant to taste. It is a bit more work to make but the results are worth it. I believe there are lots of recipes on here if you search the recipe section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%