New To Airbrushing----Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By gissellr78 Updated 31 May 2012 , 4:21pm by gissellr78

gissellr78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gissellr78 Posted 30 May 2012 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I will be baking a cake for a company party and it is going to be a logo(The yellow without the white part). I attached an image of what the cake will look like and the color breakdown.

-Is there any advice you can offer?
-Can i cover the parts with parchment paper to not overlap the color and keep the lines sharp?
-Airbrush color recommendation?

Thanks in advance!!!

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 30 May 2012 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 3

Hey that's my companyicon_smile.gif Heehee. The hard part with airbrushing is crips lines. I have not perfected that so for me, for the white part, I would actually cut the letters out of fondant. Print out the logo on card stock and cut out the template and then use a new exact knife to cut it out of fondant with a little tylose that has set up a bit. I did that for the corporate anniversary cake in my photos (bar code cake).
If you do go with the airbrush, my one recommendation is to use small nuts (from a tool box) on the edges of the parchment to keep it from lifting up from the air pressure of the airbrush.

gissellr78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gissellr78 Posted 31 May 2012 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Hey that's my companyicon_smile.gif Heehee. The hard part with airbrushing is crips lines. I have not perfected that so for me, for the white part, I would actually cut the letters out of fondant. Print out the logo on card stock and cut out the template and then use a new exact knife to cut it out of fondant with a little tylose that has set up a bit. I did that for the corporate anniversary cake in my photos (bar code cake).
If you do go with the airbrush, my one recommendation is to use small nuts (from a tool box) on the edges of the parchment to keep it from lifting up from the air pressure of the airbrush.

Thanks for your reply!!!

Do you mean crisp lines?

I wanted to use a long metal ruler and lay it on top of the parchment paper without putting pressure to not leave marks so it wont fly off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%