How To Get A Metallic Gold?

Decorating By 3beautygirls Updated 30 May 2012 , 12:52pm by 3beautygirls

3beautygirls Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:44am
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake this weekend, and need some fondant accents to be in a metallic gold colour, what product would be best to use. I have a Michael's near me and a Bulk Barn, and Walmart...

4 replies
JWinslow Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:13am
post #2 of 5

I recently did a teacup that needed gold accents. I used Americolor Gold Sheen for airbrushes that I hand painted. Worked great. I got it at Global Sugar Art.

manomi Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:56am
post #3 of 5

I also use the gold sheen for painting but you won't find it locally...I am sure I have seen a gold lustre spray on Michaels.

srkmilklady Posted 30 May 2012 , 2:21am
post #4 of 5

There is Wilton Colour Mist that comes in silver, pearl and gold. You can get it at Bulk Barn and Michael's. If you have the Michael's coupons, you're best bet would be to buy it there. It works pretty good for a spray can. thumbs_up.gif

3beautygirls Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at my Bulk Barn... it's alot closer than the Michaels in my area icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%