Claire138 Posted 29 May 2012 , 1:52pm
post #1 of

Just a quick question, do you charge the same for cupcakes as you do for cookies or is cc's considered more work. I'm talking basic cc's with a small topper (like a heart or flower) and basic cookies just covered with fondant.
Thanks

6 replies
Jennifer353 Posted 29 May 2012 , 3:02pm
post #2 of

How do the ingredients and time costs compare? I'd go purely from those, it depends quite a bit on sizes of both too.

jason_kraft Posted 29 May 2012 , 3:38pm
post #3 of

It depends, cupcakes can be more or less work than cookies depending on the size and decorations for the cupcakes or the cookies.

Claire138 Posted 29 May 2012 , 3:55pm
post #4 of

Ah, ok. Thanks.

GeminiRJ Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 5:32pm
post #5 of

Even the simplest of my decorated cookies are more time-consuming than my decorated cupcakes! Locally, some bakers have no trouble getting $3 for a cupcake with just a swirl of icing.Yet people are shocked if I charge more than $2 for a detailed cookie. Many people just can't get beyond "it's just a cookie". They see fancy cakes and cupcakes on TV and seem to be more willing to pay for those....

erin2345 Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 6:49pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Even the simplest of my decorated cookies are more time-consuming than my decorated cupcakes! Locally, some bakers have no trouble getting $3 for a cupcake with just a swirl of icing.Yet people are shocked if I charge more than $2 for a detailed cookie. Many people just can't get beyond "it's just a cookie". They see fancy cakes and cupcakes on TV and seem to be more willing to pay for those....

Please tell me that you do charge more than $2 for your cookies! They are amazing icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 7:04pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Please tell me that you do charge more than $2 for your cookies! They are amazing icon_smile.gif

I rarely sell my cookies. But when I do, I'd say they average $2. I realized a long time ago that I would never get rich selling my cookies. There just isn't a good market for them where I live.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%