What's the last Cake Decorating Supply you bought?

Decorating By SoFloGuy Updated 20 Dec 2012 , 4:25am by Annabakescakes

LilBlackSheep Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:45pm
post #31 of 48

SPS system, 5#'s of Satin Ice and some Soft Gel Paste.

auntginn Posted 31 May 2012 , 4:26pm
post #32 of 48

Ok.. please excuse my ignorance again but what are cel boards, cake drums? How do they compare to the ole cake board?

SoFloGuy Posted 31 May 2012 , 4:36pm
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntginn

Ok.. please excuse my ignorance again but what are cel boards, cake drums? How do they compare to the ole cake board?

I had to look it up, they are for rolling out fondant and gumpaste and have grooves to help you make leaves quickly.

kimmcannally Posted 31 May 2012 , 6:00pm
post #34 of 48

I got some butterfly gumpaste cutters/embossers from ebay - cheap! $3 for three sizes and they are great! I used them in my Memorial Day cupcake bouquet.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2337532/memorial-day-cupcakes

Since they came quickly and work well, I ordered some more cutters as well. They come from Hong Kong, so are super cheap price-wise, but seem to work just fine. icon_biggrin.gif
The newest things I ordered an am waiting on are rose leaf, sunflower, ivy leaves, round flowers, five petal hear flowers - all plunger cutter/embossers. And a set of tappit type alphabets. All for $20!

SoFloGuy Posted 31 May 2012 , 7:17pm
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmcannally

I got some butterfly gumpaste cutters/embossers from ebay - cheap! $3 for three sizes and they are great! I used them in my Memorial Day cupcake bouquet.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2337532/memorial-day-cupcakes

Since they came quickly and work well, I ordered some more cutters as well. They come from Hong Kong, so are super cheap price-wise, but seem to work just fine. icon_biggrin.gif
The newest things I ordered an am waiting on are rose leaf, sunflower, ivy leaves, round flowers, five petal hear flowers - all plunger cutter/embossers. And a set of tappit type alphabets. All for $20!

I buy a lot of things on Ebay from Hong Kong, all kinds of stuff, not just decorating things. Sometimes I buy from China too, but it's much quicker from Hong King. A lot of things are just $1 including shipping. I've gotten USB cords, rings, and kitchen timers.

PS your cupcakes look amazing.

kimmcannally Posted 31 May 2012 , 7:29pm
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmcannally

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2337532/memorial-day-cupcakes.

PS your cupcakes look amazing.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

SoFloGuy Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 9:23pm
post #37 of 48

Today I bought a 12 cup cupcake pan. I had a 40% off coupon for that. I also bought a 1M tip to frost cupcakes. The total was only $6.03 icon_biggrin.gif

SweetP Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 9:48pm
post #38 of 48

Just went to my favorite cake supply store today and bought black Satin Ice fondant, FMM rose leaf plunger/cutters, parchment triangles, silver and hot pink luster dust, black buttercream, shaker for powdered sugar, and pastry wheel/cutter. Spent way too much, but I always do.

ajwonka Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 3:16am
post #39 of 48

3 new account cutter sets, replacements for several Americolors running low...

SemiSweetMike Posted 19 Dec 2012 , 11:38pm
post #40 of 48

I just bought more PME 1.5 tips. It's my favorite icing tip and can never have too many. :)

Sara22 Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 12:42am
post #41 of 48

Wilton gum paste flower cutter set

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 1:11am
post #42 of 48

Nothing at all since that edible image back in October, actually.

milkmaid42 Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 1:17am
post #43 of 48

I just received a great pinecone mold from Jennifer Dontz. Tonight I'm making a batch of modeling chocolate to make some pinecones tomorrow. I hope they turn out as well as the example. They look absolutely real!

Jan

the_sweets_lady Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 3:36am
post #44 of 48

Duffs airbrush. I had a 50 % coupon and got for $75! Not sure how good of an airbrush it is, but for a starter I hope it will do fine.icon_smile.gif I sould say it was my hubby who bought it for me for Christmas, but I cant wait that long!

AmbitiousBeginner Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 3:46am
post #45 of 48

The Mat from SweetWise.  I just tried on a cake for my daughter's Girl Scout holiday party.  I had to do cover cake with MMF in a hurry, and it still turned out amazing!  Best purchase!  Wish I would have bought it sooner.

the_sweets_lady:  I have the Duff airbrush.  I like it for darker MMF colors so I don't ruin the MMF by adding too much color into it.  Instead I spray on until I get the color I want.  I haven't had the chance/need to do anything more detailed.  I also ruined the needle when trying to clean it, so it was useless.  But I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a new one for free.  

the_sweets_lady Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 3:51am
post #46 of 48

Thanks AmbitiousBeginner! Thats mostly what I was hoping to use it for. I really hate adding in so much color! Glad to hear the good customer service!

kathyw Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 4:23am
post #47 of 48

AI just bought some Sugarveil, a JEM petal pad, and because it was on sale, some magic sparkles, candy cane sprinkles and JEM snowflake cutters.

Annabakescakes Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 4:25am
post #48 of 48

AI got a box from decopac. A bunch of extra rubber spatulas, icing spatulas, tips (#1,2,4, 103, and some big ones for cupcakes) and some 12" and 18" pastry bags, and couplers, diamond cutters (they aren't real diamonds, very disappointed) airbrush colors I was low on, and some gum paste flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%