Cake For 120 People

Decorating By mags4girls Updated 28 May 2012 , 9:00pm by SoFloGuy

mags4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mags4girls Posted 28 May 2012 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
Just looking for some advice...my friend has asked me to make her a 2 tier biscuit cake for her wedding day and it is to feed 120 people. I was wondering what size cakes to make to accomodate this? Would a 12" and 8" be enough or would a 12" and 10" be better? She really only wants a 2 tier as opposed to a 3 tier,
thanks in advance

3 replies
angsize68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angsize68 Posted 28 May 2012 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 4

I have found that what people love is the attention to detail. ... If you have 120 guests, you may want to use 30cm, 25cm and 20cm cakes in 3 tiers, or go to 4 tiers; 2 tiers of cake (30cm, 15cm) will typically yield about 60 slices; A 30cm square cake can yield about 50 ...

or make 2 cakes i would give her the options but you would prob need 4 tiers for the amount of people or she could make two different kinds of biscuit cakes one all chocolate and one traditional but you would need 2 2 tiers for 120 people. just an idea.. good luck

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 28 May 2012 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 4

www.wilton.com has cake serving charts. If you take a look there, you can see all of the options to fit that # of servings. HTH.

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 28 May 2012 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

www.wilton.com has cake serving charts. If you take a look there, you can see all of the options to fit that # of servings. HTH.

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/wedding-cakes/wedding-cake-data.cfm

here is the link to the chart. I had a heck of a time finding it on wilton.com, the search led me to the forum, which led me nowhere. Luckily Google search led me to the right chart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%