High Ratio Shortening From Sam's Club?

Decorating By lardbutt Updated 21 Aug 2015 , 4:52pm by Nitisha

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 27 May 2012 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know if you can purchase high ratio shortening from the bakery at Sam's Club? I wish I could find it locally somewhere!
Thanks!

7 replies
erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 28 May 2012 , 12:27am
post #2 of 8

I don't know about Sam's Club but you can get a 50 pound block of Sweetex at Gordon Food Service, if there's one near you.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 May 2012 , 12:30am
post #3 of 8

just googled them and the closest one is 140 miles away...darn it!

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 31 May 2012 , 12:53am
post #4 of 8

I have a local bakery that will sell it by the pound to me. No more mail order, hooray! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 May 2012 , 1:10am
post #5 of 8

Sweetex is available at Restaurant Depot. Alpine is available from Dawn Foods if your Dawn location has a Cash and Carry desk.

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 31 May 2012 , 3:21am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Sweetex is available at Restaurant Depot. Alpine is available from Dawn Foods if your Dawn location has a Cash and Carry desk.

You have to have a business license to shop at Restaurant Depot. Too bad I can't shop there when they are so close to me. icon_cry.gif

Little1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Little1 Posted 31 May 2012 , 3:52am
post #7 of 8

I don't want to hijack your post, but I have to ask... I keep reading that Restaurant Depot sells Sweetex. The one by me sells Admiration Shortening in 50lb blocks. They sell one that says "no trans fat" and they sell one that says "double refined." Do you think the double refined is comparable to Sweetex? Has anyone used or heard of Admiration? On their website they have a "Super Cake" shortening, but Restaurant Depot doesn't have that. TIA!

Nitisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitisha Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 8

55d7574412ccf.jpeg

Hello, I bought this administration double refined shortening from resturant store near my area.. It's horrible.. My buttercream doesn't stiffen  I fact it gives a soft peak consistency only.. Totally regret that I got this.. Don't get this.. Wasted my $35 + money...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%