The Gift Box Cake Was A Success!

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 29 May 2012 , 12:48am by Apti

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 27 May 2012 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 7

I have to still find the cord to load pics, but couldn't wait to tell you all THANK YOU once again for your patience and help!

The cake survived the 3 hour drive just fine. All 3 tiers on the display box that dh made. Everyone LOVED all the different kinds of cakes we had - had a carrot kitchen cake, yellow cake w/strawb filling, lemon cake w/lemon curd and chocolate with cookies & cream. It was definitely stretching my abilities to pull off this kind of cake, and I swore I'd never do a tiered cake again.... and then all we get to the party and the compliments start pouring in and I think..."well, maybe it wasn't so bad ..." icon_confused.gif
One woman found me to say that her mother wanted to talk to me about the cake - this wonderful older woman was almost in tears telling me how wonderful the carrot cake was and the lemon - well it was so beautiful and it tasted just as good as it looked. Others were disappointed that the cookies & cream ran out. I was told everyone was taking samples off of each others plates. And the husband that asked me to do it - he said it exceeded his expectations! His wife had seen the pic of the cake years ago and really liked it - so that's why he wanted me to make that (he arranged this as a surprise 25th anniversary party for her)- and she was thrilled as well.

So - I think that's why I continue to say "yes", even though my life gets thrown into insanity for weeks. The ego boost is just too good! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
cakemom721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom721 Posted 27 May 2012 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 7

Congrats....can't wait to see the pics! thumbs_up.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 27 May 2012 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 7

So excited for you! I know you are floating on air right now! Times like this are what we strive for! Enjoy! Congratulations!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 27 May 2012 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 7

I have been following your saga with great interest. I haven't commented before but surely do want to offer my congratulations! Getting positive feedback certainly helps to forget all the anxiety and trauma, doesn't it? (It can be compared it to forgetting a difficult birth or one wouldn't want to get pregnant again. icon_wink.gif) So bask in the compliments; you've earned them! I am waiting to see the photos.

Jan

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 27 May 2012 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 7

There's no better feeling and I too can't wait to see the photos.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 29 May 2012 , 12:20am
post #6 of 7

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I was actually looking to see if you had posted pictures and then decided to check the forums. Glad I did. Now I can't wait to see the pictures.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 29 May 2012 , 12:48am
post #7 of 7

RAH RAH RAH!!!!!!!

Well done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%