Writing In Rhinestones On Cake

Decorating By autumn1979 Updated 29 May 2012 , 5:08am by autumn1979

autumn1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumn1979 Posted 27 May 2012 , 11:20am
post #1 of 5

Hi
I am decorating a cake for my daughters Baptism. Its a fruit cake decorated with fondant.
I want to write her name in rhinestones or swarovski crystal on the cake.
I'm lost as to how to do it. I don't have the greatest handwriting and I might ruin it writing on the cake.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

4 replies
Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 27 May 2012 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 5

Thanks to the scrapbooking industry, there are a lot of rhinestone letter stickers available.
Also there are rhinestone letter slides that are usually used for bracelets and other costume jewelry applications.

To help I would need to know the size and font style you are wanting to find.

autumn1979 Posted 27 May 2012 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Lynne
The height of the cake is 3 inches.
I was hoping to write her name in a 60 - 80 pixel font size in a scrolling font for example Lucida handwriting or Edwardian script.
I live in Australia so the variety of letters etc you get here will be limited compared to the US icon_sad.gif
I was hoping to write her name with pink rhinestones
Looking for any help at all with this.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 27 May 2012 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 5

Print the text on a piece of paper or thin cardboard exactly in the size you want it to be, make small holes along the lines with the pin and press onto the cake. If these is no impression left on the surface, use it as a template and go over the whole text again with the pin. You will be left with small holes on the cake surface indicating where to place your rhinestones.

autumn1979 Posted 29 May 2012 , 5:08am
post #5 of 5

Hi Paula
Thanks for your idea. I'm going to give it a shot. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%