Window Vs Windowless Cake Boxes...

Decorating By vgcea Updated 26 May 2012 , 8:47pm by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 26 May 2012 , 12:26am
post #1 of 8

Which do you prefer? And if you use both, when do you choose one over the other?

7 replies
jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 26 May 2012 , 1:07am
post #2 of 8

I like the windows- the customer can see without touching the cake, and it is good advertising too!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 May 2012 , 1:07am
post #3 of 8

Aesthetically, I like the windowed cake boxes, but they cost significantly more than plain, so I usually just go with plain.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 26 May 2012 , 2:13am
post #4 of 8

Unless there's a very good reason to use boxes with windows (e.g. you are selling cash and carry at a retail shop or farmer's market) I recommend windowless boxes, as said above they are much cheaper.

vgcea Posted 26 May 2012 , 2:26am
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was torn between both, I love that I can see the cakes but the price difference is significant enough that I hesitated to get window boxes.

vgcea Posted 26 May 2012 , 6:05am
post #6 of 8

Was going through brpboxshop.com and came across their 3 DOZEN cupcake box/holder icon_eek.gif. Anybody tried this?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 26 May 2012 , 6:17am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea

Was going through brpboxshop.com and came across their 3 DOZEN cupcake box/holder icon_eek.gif. Anybody tried this?

The half sheet size boxes that hold 2 dozen cupcakes are cheaper (and probably easier to handle) at 6.8¢ per cupcake as opposed to 7.5¢ for the 3 dozen box/holder.

vgcea Posted 26 May 2012 , 8:47pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for breaking it down for me Jason. Yeah handling a box that size would be quite interesting. I would think maybe a sheet of foam board under the cupcakes would be necessary to keep the box from bending.

I requested a sample of the big one just because I was super curious. But I'll more than likely just stick with the 1 dozen boxes and inserts, as that size is the most versatile for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%