What Do You Call The Flower Decorating Stick?

Decorating By SoFloGuy Updated 25 May 2012 , 7:18pm by SoFloGuy

SoFloGuy Posted 23 May 2012 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 9

The one you use to pipe frosting on to then transfer to a cake. The metal stick with the small flat round top,

what's it called and where could I buy one?

thanks.

8 replies
Apti Posted 23 May 2012 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 9

Welcome to the forum! It is a flower nail.

Ateco and Wilton are probably the best known manufacturer's.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=flower+nail

SoFloGuy Posted 24 May 2012 , 1:40am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Welcome to the forum! It is a flower nail.

Ateco and Wilton are probably the best known manufacturer's.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=flower+nail

Cool thanks. So what kind of store would I find this at? Would Bed Bath and Beyond have it? Or can you suggest other national retailers where I could find it?

DeniseNH Posted 24 May 2012 , 3:08am
post #4 of 9

Nope, you need to find a cake decorating store or possibly a store like AC Moores or Michaels might have some. If not then there are a ton of mail order ways to get them.

SoFloGuy Posted 24 May 2012 , 3:14am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH

Nope, you need to find a cake decorating store or possibly a store like AC Moores or Michaels might have some. If not then there are a ton of mail order ways to get them.

Cool, I've been to both of those stores before. I bought some paint at Michaels and I usually buy T-Shirts at AC Moore, I will have to check them out. Thanks for the info.

TexasSugar Posted 24 May 2012 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 9

Hobby Lobby also carry flower nails. Some Walmarts in the craft section.

Apti Posted 24 May 2012 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 9

If you go to a craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby or AC Moore, get a 40% off coupon before your visit. You can google "Michaels printables" (etc.) and a whole bunch of sites will give you the coupon for the week.

SoFloGuy Posted 24 May 2012 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone for the info.

SoFloGuy Posted 25 May 2012 , 7:18pm
post #9 of 9

Today I was shopping at Walmart and I saw some plastic tips they were in a small package of 4 assorted for or $1.56 so I decided to buy it. Then I look on the back when I get home and notice that it says something about a Flower Nail. So I take it out of the package and the holder was a little plastic flower nail, so now I have one, icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%