Wedding Cake Advice

Decorating By jbobys Updated 24 May 2012 , 3:54am by CWR41

jbobys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbobys Posted 23 May 2012 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I'm hoping to get some advice..
I am making a wedding cake next week and I'm not sure what size to make the tiers. They gave me a photo which is 3 tiers and I'd like to stick to that...but what size pans? I need to feed 150 people. Will 3 tiers be too tall, should I go to 4 tiers?
Thanks in advance!
Jennifer

4 replies
cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 23 May 2012 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 5

Jennifer....you have a choice with either a 3 tiered or 4 tiered cake for 150 servings.
A three tiered cake is a 6", 12", 16" diameter tiers. A four tiered cake is a 6", 8", 12" 14" diameter tiers. The 6" top tiers are the anniversary tiers and not included in the servings. I hope this helps you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbobys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbobys Posted 24 May 2012 , 3:31am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakewhiz

Jennifer....you have a choice with either a 3 tiered or 4 tiered cake for 150 servings.
A three tiered cake is a 6", 12", 16" diameter tiers. A four tiered cake is a 6", 8", 12" 14" diameter tiers. The 6" top tiers are the anniversary tiers and not included in the servings. I hope this helps you.

THANK YOU! This is just the help I was hoping for!! Looks like Ill be doing the 6, 12, 16. How many batches of cake do you tend to use for 150? (layers per tier?) I was thinking 12 to be safe, but this is my first wedding cake. ANY and ALL advice is appreciated!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%