Homemade Peanut Butter Drizzle That Hardens...

Decorating By mommytocjnalexis Updated 25 May 2012 , 12:27pm by cms2

mommytocjnalexis Posted 23 May 2012 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 3

Alright cc'ers I have searched up and down on the forum and I don't see a solution. Here's my dilemma, I made chocolate cake truffles (I'm not allowed to call them balls, lol) with a peanut butter frosting coated in milk chocolate. Then I melted some peanut butter and white chocolate to drizzle on top to add the extra little peanut butter flavor. The problem is that I the peanut butter drizzle doesn't harden, you can see in the pic that it's just soft enough to smudge a little. Any suggestions on how to get it to set-up, maybe if I add more chocolate and less peanut butter? I'm afraid that because of the oil content in pb that it's going to stay soft but I'm hoping that's not the case. I really wanted to avoid having to use chips or candy coating flavored peanut butter. Any one have any ideas? I also thought about adding peanut butter to the chocolate coating but I think I'd have the same issue of it being too soft. icon_sad.gif They turned out good except they really need an extra kick of pb to finish off the flavor.
LL

2 replies
leah_s Posted 25 May 2012 , 10:58am
post #2 of 3

I use peanut butter and white chocolate mixed together to coat the outside of my chocolate pb cake pops. Less peanut butter, more chocolate. works fine.

cms2 Posted 25 May 2012 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 3

Peanut butter chips work perfectly. You can find them at the store with the chocolate chips. Melt them with enough shortening to reach desired consistency. Will set to a hard finish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%