Homemade Peanut Butter Drizzle That Hardens...

Decorating By mommytocjnalexis Updated 25 May 2012 , 12:27pm by cms2

mommytocjnalexis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommytocjnalexis Posted 23 May 2012 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 3

Alright cc'ers I have searched up and down on the forum and I don't see a solution. Here's my dilemma, I made chocolate cake truffles (I'm not allowed to call them balls, lol) with a peanut butter frosting coated in milk chocolate. Then I melted some peanut butter and white chocolate to drizzle on top to add the extra little peanut butter flavor. The problem is that I the peanut butter drizzle doesn't harden, you can see in the pic that it's just soft enough to smudge a little. Any suggestions on how to get it to set-up, maybe if I add more chocolate and less peanut butter? I'm afraid that because of the oil content in pb that it's going to stay soft but I'm hoping that's not the case. I really wanted to avoid having to use chips or candy coating flavored peanut butter. Any one have any ideas? I also thought about adding peanut butter to the chocolate coating but I think I'd have the same issue of it being too soft. icon_sad.gif They turned out good except they really need an extra kick of pb to finish off the flavor.
LL

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 May 2012 , 10:58am
post #2 of 3

I use peanut butter and white chocolate mixed together to coat the outside of my chocolate pb cake pops. Less peanut butter, more chocolate. works fine.

cms2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cms2 Posted 25 May 2012 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 3

Peanut butter chips work perfectly. You can find them at the store with the chocolate chips. Melt them with enough shortening to reach desired consistency. Will set to a hard finish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%