Help Please, Im Making A "dessert Buffet" For A Br

Decorating By GooberCakes Updated 23 May 2012 , 3:52pm by Prima

GooberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GooberCakes Posted 23 May 2012 , 10:13am
post #1 of 11

Hi, any suggestions would be great! Im making a dessert buffet for a bride in July and her colors are white and blush pink.

She is very pickey about all the deserts having to be in those colors. I plan on making mini chocolate hearts and maybe some mini brownies with a buttercream swirl. But im lost for ideas!!

Does anyone have anything they can suggest. she is coming on monday to view some of my samples and I want to have something nice to show her!!

Thanks!!
Christine

10 replies
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 23 May 2012 , 10:54am
post #2 of 11

I'm not sure what 'bluish pink' is icon_smile.gif but meringues can be made any colour, and they keep for a week or so in a container. Strawberry tarts?

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 23 May 2012 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 11

Decorated cookies, meringues like previously suggested, little mini pies with whipped cream topping, dipped oreos, cake pops. Anything that is originally white can be tinted blush. Good luck!

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 23 May 2012 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 11

perhaps classic petit fours; cheesecake balls coated with white chocolate and blush pink tinted chocolate; sugar cookies with stamped design (see niceicing's adorable cookies at http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2238430/stamped-black-white-cookies; accent with apothecary jars filled with blush pink and white candies; french macarons are always fashionable right now; petite homemade marshmallow squares on sticks are lovely.

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 11

petit fours, light pink rock candy on sticks, chocolate cordial cups filled with pink mousse, large glass container of light pink sixlets (they also come in a glitter light pink), pink macaroons, cheesecake pops topped with small pink heart, pink lollipops, mini pink cupcakes, cake pops, pink and white pudding cups
LL

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 11

marshmallow pops can also be a nice touchj

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 11

Definitely marshmallow pops! I just made these a few weekends ago and they were a total hit. I dipped mine in chocolate then drizzled with colored candy melts and sprinkles. You could do some plain, but tinted pink, and then dip some in pink candy melts.

Prima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prima Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:54pm
post #8 of 11

you could also try pink macarons, mini strawberry shortcakes, mini cupcakes, mini parfaits, etc.
LL

Prima Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:55pm
post #9 of 11

here's another picture.
LL

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 23 May 2012 , 2:19pm
post #10 of 11

wow...all these ideas are fabulous....I wish I could talk at least one more of my brides into a dessert table. I've done one in the past and while it was it was labour intensive, it was a lot of fun

Prima Posted 23 May 2012 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 11

You could also check out Sweet & Saucy's website. They do a ton of dessert buffets, & are a great source for inspiration. Her blog is great, too. Here are some links:

http://www.sweetandsaucyshop.com/

http://www.mysweetandsaucy.com/

Good luck! These are a ton of work, but so fun in the end!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%