Question About Flowers For Cake

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 23 May 2012 , 9:05pm by Wildgirl

Wildgirl Posted 23 May 2012 , 5:24am
post #1 of 3

I started watching Sharon Z's awesome dvd on sugarpaste flowers. But now I'm kind of intimidated in thinking that I could finish baking and decorating and actually have time to make beautiful peonies by Sat. (When I've never used gumpaste before) So.... unless I do wind up having time to play, and they actually come out decent, what should I do? This is for the stacked gifts cake so it doesn't have to be loaded - just accents. Does Michaels have silk peonies that look believable? Or should I do buttercream? They'd be so small though... Or what about fresh? I have some in our yard that have not been sprayed at all... I'd have to check and see if they were blooming yet or not. Just would worry about bugs...

Please help!

2 replies
Lynne3 Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 3

I looked at your profile a saw a lovely cake you made with pink flowers on it. Did you make those. They are very nice.

Wildgirl Posted 23 May 2012 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 3

Oh thank you! They are just bc - tried to make them peony-like. I could do that again, but I'd rather have bigger flowers on this and he said not pink - I know I can't get a nice red, so I need a plan b.... or c..... (I could do white, but I'm afraid that with the cakes being white that it might be too much "white" - ???)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%