Edible Printer, Standard Or Large Format?

Decorating By mburkett Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 3:12am by icingimages

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 22 May 2012 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 2

I will be purchasing an edible printer within the next week. I found a few that are large format to print sheet cake size and 10" round prints. Those of you who edible printers,do you have a big need for the large format or is standard sheet sufficient?

I'm looking at the Canon MG5320 3-in-1.

Thanks...Michele

1 reply
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 3:12am
post #2 of 2

The 5320 prints 8.5x14 when it is hooked up to your computer. That is sufficient for a 1/2 sheet cake. If you use the Icing Images Premium sheets you can print up to an 8.5" round, but you lwill have to cut the image out since the largest precut is 8" round. If you go to the 6520 then you can print up to 11" round using the same brand, but again, you woudl have to cut it out. Remember, you do not have to fill up the entire top of the cake with the image, you will want to leave room for a border. Also, with iiDesigns from Icing Images, that program will configure your printouts so you can print seamless borders with cut lines having each pattern line up allowing you the ability to use standard icing sheets but get endless designs. I hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%