Advice On A Graduation Cake...

Decorating By kellyd01 Updated 21 May 2012 , 3:36pm by tami517a

kellyd01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyd01 Posted 21 May 2012 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 2

I'm doing a graduation cake for my husbands 8th graders grad ceremony on Friday. it needs to be a full sheet cake, mostly because it needs to be flat for transporting. He's driving it and i'm not taking ANY chances that anything stacked would slide or get bumped!

The problem is that this is a whole new market for my cakes and I want something that will really wow them which is kind of hard to do on a sheet cake i think. I'm planning on making fondant grad caps w/ each students name (small class, only 14) and putting the school logo on it which will be real fun since it's red and black and I have a real hate hate relationship w/ those two colors LOL but I'm not sure what else to do to make it wow!

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

1 reply
tami517a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tami517a Posted 21 May 2012 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 2

I think those sound like good ideas. The kids will love having their name on their caps. Have you seen the caps made of reeces cups and chocolate? Everyone is so impressed with them and you could still print the names on top. Add a fun border and 2012 (or maybe "Future grads of 2016") and it will be really cute. Sometimes I use red or black candy or ribbon instead of icing. Are you making the logo a frozen buttercream transfer? I did something similar for a soccer banquet last year with red and black school colors. It was a little tricky but came out good. The sugar sheets are another good way to use those colors without the mess. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%