How Far In Advance? Should I Freeze? 4 Cakes In One Weekend.

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 22 May 2012 , 12:01am by kakeladi

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 21 May 2012 , 2:19am
post #1 of 5

OK so I have 4 cakes due between June 7th and June 9th, three of them for the 9th. A lingerie party cake, a grooms cake, a wedding cake, and a birthday cake. The lingerie party cake is going to be a two layer 8" and 6" cake with the ruffle technique so I know that'll be simple enough to just do Thursday before I go to the party and after work. The other three are due Saturday. The wedding cake is a 5 layer cake, four of the 5 layers are going to be dummies so I'm going to have those all done no later than Saturday the 2nd, and finish the last layer that's real cake on Friday. Which I have all day off for. So now that I'm done babbling, here's my questions for the grooms cake and birthday cake how far in advance can I have them done? They will both be covered in fondant and neither of them will need to be refrigerated. If I have them done by Tuesday/Wednesday should I freeze them or will they be ok in an air conditioned house until Saturday? I've gotten a lot of mixed answered and want some updated ones.. Thanks in advance!

4 replies
weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 21 May 2012 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 5

Really, no one? Help a newbie out!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 May 2012 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidertm24

If I have them done by Tuesday/Wednesday should I freeze them or will they be ok in an air conditioned house until Saturday?

They'll be okay and more moist as the icing has a chance to meld with the cake.

I've had leftover cake that was so much better on day three than when fresh, and best on day five!

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 21 May 2012 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 5

I would def leave them in the fridge if your making it three to five days in advance.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 May 2012 , 12:01am
post #5 of 5

The longer they 'sit' in your house - either room tem or 'frig the LESS time the customer has to enjoy them ;icon_sad.gif
Most of the time cake stays fresh 3 to 5 days. If you have them sitting in your home from Tues to Sat the customer won't have a very fresh cake to serve much less keep any leftovers icon_sad.gif
Now freezing them is different. You can fill and ice them before fzing but for the most part I'd not decorate until they have come to room temp a day or two before delivery/pick up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%