Fondant Question?

Decorating By amanda5612 Updated 20 May 2012 , 8:46pm by sweettreat101

amanda5612 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amanda5612 Posted 20 May 2012 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all. This year I am going to make my daughters birthday cake for her 2nd birthday. I have chosen a Spongebob cake and I am going to put fondant on the cake. I was trying to find a cake different from your traditional vanilla or chocolate. So, going by advice from my husband and his taste buds, I am wanting to make a layered chocolate cake with peanut butter filling in between the layers. I was also considering a peanut butter cream cheese frosting for the outside of the cake. But I was wondering if that frosting would be okay to use with the fondant? I planned on putting the whole cake together the day before the party, so would it last and be okay to leave out of the refrigerator for that time period? Thanks for all the help. I'm so glad I found this site. God Bless you all.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 May 2012 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 3

You should be just fine w/your choice of filling and b'creamicon_smile.gif
No need to frig it.....unless it is VERY hot and humid in the home it will be just fine overnight at room temp.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 20 May 2012 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with Kakladi you will be fine. I used a cream cheese butter cream under the fondant on my spongebob cake. I used large pretzel rods for the nose, arms and legs covered in fondant and rice crispy treats for the hands and shoe. A melon baller works great for making the sponge holes. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1686075/spongebob

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%